About the Animal Facilities
- UCI animal facilities are locked 24 hours a day, and are subject to patrol by the UCI Police Department and UCIMC Security.
- ULAR issues photo ID card keys for ULAR-maintained animal facilities on the main campus.
- ULAR authorizes animal facility access at UCIMC, but the UCIMC Security office programs the cards for vivarium access.
To obtain animal facility access, a researcher must:
- Be UCI faculty, staff or student; others may be allowed entry on a case by case basis
- Be listed on an approved IACUC protocol
- Complete the ULAR Training for Animal Facility Access
- Be enrolled in the Laboratory Animal Occupational Health Program
ULAR staff will verify that requirements have been met before authorizing access.
Once you have completed all the enrollment and training requirements, you may obtain card keys as follows:
Animal Facility Access Policy