The Electronic Research Administration (eRA) unit of the Office of Research is committed to providing superior system support to UCI’s research community, with the goals of streamlining the award life cycle and reducing administrative burden.
Electronic Systems Currently in Use or in Development:
Kuali Coeus is an electronic system that supports the management of research projects. The following modules can be accessed with single sign-on using Zot!portal:
- Proposal Development Module for developing and routing proposals for new, renewal or supplemental extramural funding.
- Negotiations Module for tracking activities related to set-up of awards, subawards, and related agreements.
- Cayuse 424 for system-to-system submission of proposals to federal government sponsors, using grants.gov.
- Kuali Coeus Conflict of Interest (KC COI) is the new electronic system that UCI Public Health Service and National Science Foundation Investigators will use to complete their financial disclosures, replacing the paper forms 800 and 900.
- Research Management System (RMS) is the new electronic system for UCI’s Animal Care and Use Program, which provides 24/7 secure access to approved protocols.
- Cayuse 424 Phase II will add data synchronization between KC and Cayuse 424, reducing double data entry.
- Data Warehouse will be a repository for all the data collected by the various systems. This provides the eRA unit with a mechanism for reporting and data analysis.
Sign up for KC-project listserv by sending a blank email to email@example.com