University Laboratory Animal Resources (ULAR) - Home Page
For After Hours
University Laboratory Animal Resources (ULAR) is committed to providing a top quality animal care program that promotes integrity and excellence in research and teaching in the biological and medical sciences.
ULAR’s mission is to:
- Provide high quality, humane husbandry and veterinary services for all vertebrate animals in order to facilitate UC Irvine’s research and teaching goals.
- Assist UCI personnel with issues related to responsible care and use of laboratory animals.
- Provide training and technical support for UCI personnel who use animals for teaching and research.
- Support the University in maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to the use of animals for teaching and research.
- Meet or exceed the standards of the Association for the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC), a private organization that evaluates animal care and use programs.